Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device Manager does not display all connected devices

Device Manager does not display all connected devices

Upgraded to 2.1.5.8 firmware today and I only have 5 devices shown as connected. WTH!?! I had almost 25 before and that means I can’t pause them. It was working great before and now I can’t shut off the boys wifi
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 32

Accepted Solutions

Re: Device Manager does not display all connected devices

I downgraded to the 2.3.5.30 firmware and everything is good! All devices are showing up and connected to satellites. Don’t upgrade if you have an RBR50 AX3000 system!

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 32

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Do you mean that few devices now have internet connection but are not shown in the Attached Devices?
Please try disabling Access Control under >> ADVANCED >> Security >> Access Control >> in the web GUI the click Apply.
See then if you’ll see all devices now. If you see all devices then you can start using the access control again.
Message 2 of 32

No, there are a few wireless devices as well but not everything. Only a few. A total of only 8 devices are shown. Tried disabling from the GUI. No luck. Darn. Why did I upgrade to 2.1.5.8. Everything was working great.
Message 3 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS. 

Be sure you update the Orbi app as well if thats what you are using...

@JamesAmazing wrote:
Upgraded to 2.1.5.8 firmware today and I only have 5 devices shown as connected. WTH!?! I had almost 25 before and that means I can’t pause them. It was working great before and now I can’t shut off the boys wifi

Message 4 of 32

I’ll give it a go. I just rebooted. Now it only shows 3. 2 wired and 1 unknown.
Frustrating.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll let you know.
Message 5 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 6 of 32

Wow. This is wonky. So I reset everything and did a fresh setup. The app says all is connected but everything is connected either to Orbi Router or RbS50 1. Nothing is connected to Satellite 2. From the web interface it says Satellite 2 is not connected
???
Message 7 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have Daisy Chain enabled? 

Did you sync and add the 2nd RBS while in the same room and the RBR? 

Swap the RBS positions around? 

Message 8 of 32

Daisy chain is enabled.
It’s so weird.
I did a new setup a few times to get everything working for no devices show up under Satellite 2. I just figured it was acting weird but as I said, the web interface says it is not connected. App says it is (but again no devices connected)
I can’t reboot everything right now kids are connected for school.
There are 24 devices in the list now connected to either the router or Sat 1 but it isn’t really the same as before. I had iMac connected, etc. Devices are still missing.
There was blue status on lights lit on both Sats
Message 9 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling Diasy Chain after schools out. 

Message 10 of 32

Worse now. App says both Sats connected but only 4 devices connected to the router. Web interface says no Sats connected.
Bizarre.
Message 11 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

When you get a chance, reboot the RBR only and leave the RBS on. See if any devcies connect to the RBS during the reboot since the RBRs wifi will not be available for a short time, this would force devices to the RBS...

Message 12 of 32
ekhalil
Master

@JamesAmazing wrote:
Worse now. App says both Sats connected but only 4 devices connected to the router. Web interface says no Sats connected.
Bizarre.

Are you giving the network time to settle down? It looks to me that you're not waiting for the web GUI to be updated?

Message 13 of 32

The Web GUI or App is not updating correctly or displaying the correct devices etc. I am guessing it is all working (since everyone is connected) but I can't verify since I can't tell what devices are connected where. My iMac is connected but it does not show in the list? App says both SATs connected but Web GUI says only 1 is connected. Sigh.

Maybe time to upgrade the RBR50 and RBS. Too bad, it was working fine until this update and I don't want to try to downgrade the firmware.

Message 14 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try Voxels FW for Orbi:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1883...
You can revert back to stock FW if it doesn't work out for you. 

Message 15 of 32

Access Control is disabled. Almost all of the devices in my house are not showing up in the list. It seems everytime I reboot different devices show up. It is wonky. I had 24 connected before, now it only displays 7 : S

Message 16 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try this, power OFF all of your devices. Leaving one wired PC connected to the RBR. I would then setup a IP address reservation for the PC, save and apply. Then power on a device. Do the same thing. IP address reservation, save and apply. Try adding devices 1 at a time and set an IP address reservation. 

Wondering if the IP address pool cache is getting hosed up thus the devices are not displaying correctly. 

Message 17 of 32
ekhalil
Master

Are you really sure the devices are attached to Orbi and not to another wifi? 🙂
Please check on the devices that the assigned IP addresses belong to the IP range of Orbi.
Message 18 of 32

I downgraded to the 2.3.5.30 firmware and everything is good! All devices are showing up and connected to satellites. Don’t upgrade if you have an RBR50 AX3000 system!
Message 19 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 32
OrbiJes
Aspirant

i am seeing the same behavior, probably since the 2.8.1.5 fw. IE not all devices are listed, they only shown as connected to RBR. Satellite shown as Disconnected in Web UI but app and otherwise devices have connectivities. It feels like FW bugs, hope the next update will bring fixes. I am also getting sporatic latencies between devices in addition of the issues mentioned in this thread, which brought me to this forum.

Message 21 of 32

Save yourself the headache and downgrade the firmware.
Message 22 of 32
OrbiJes
Aspirant

Thanks, i am searching around to see what and where to get last good fw and how to downgrade. Much appreciated If you may share links

Thanks!

Message 23 of 32
OrbiJes
Aspirant

So I see a banner now says it's solved, with a link to solution. I followed link that went to a follow up post, which has a link that says solution is in the original post, that link doesn't go anywhere. I went thru entire thread and found an external link to some custom fw but not finding info on how to downgrade nor where to get older fw. Search result weren't useful... Is this really solved? thanks.

Message 24 of 32
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

You can rollback to a previous version by re-installing your previous version over the current version.  All supported RBK50 firmware versions can be downloaded from here.

To (re)install firmware, head over to ADVANCED Firmware Update page and select the Manual Update.  Then upload the firmware version you want to install.  Repeate the same steps for all the Satellites.  To access the Satellite UI, points your browser at its IP address.

Good luck!

Message 25 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7