Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device isolation

Leafie
Aspirant

Device isolation

I have an Orbi SRR60, but cannot see how to get device isolation working on Wireless 1.  It seems to be the only option for Wireless 2, but I want this on 1 as well as 2.  No idea why the explaination says 1 is the most secure, when obviously 2 is.

Maybe I've misunderstood.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Device isolation

Please post about this over in the Orbi Pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
Leafie
Aspirant

ok, done.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@FURRYe38us correct that users of the "Pro" product post in the community forum for the Pro product and are more likely to understand the situation.

When I read the SRR60 User Manual, it is pretty clear to me that "Network 1" (Administration) is intended to be used to "administer" the Orbi router itself.  Employees, Internet of Things, and Guest SSID's are for those uses.  If nobody but the system administrator knows the password for the "administrator" SSID, then nobody but the administrator can even attempt to open the Orbi web interface.

Message 5 of 6
Leafie
Aspirant

Thanks, I poosted it there.  If this is just to "administer" the device then I definately do not want configuration by WiFi to be possible, so I can turn it off (somehow).  Was hoping to have 2 WiFi options, but maybe it doesn't work as I read the product description..

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7