Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device list still messed up

dpdurst
Luminary

Device list still messed up

So the device list is still messed up, it worked fine so it appears in 2.5.1.16 since I had all 27 devices showing up. Starting in the 2.5.1.32? release I think it was I no longer would see any non-DHCP devices, they just never showed up. However all DHCP devices showed up fine. After upgrading the 2.5.2.4 release the same issue is happening but this time I found a little clue and recorded it. Seems at device 12 you can now watch the non-DHCP devices IP address scrolling through the list and never showing up. I even unplugged my Echo device and refreshed and its all just stuck there. I can downgrade back to the 2.5.1.16 and all is fine, come back up and its broke.  

Can't post the video or the link so not sure how to get this to anyone. Ugh

Update: I unplugged my Echo device and plugged back in, it now shows up twice and the device stuck on 12 (echo device) just keeps scrolling through the non-DHCP IP devices. Took another video of this as well

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
dpdurst
Luminary

Moved on to another router this issue is resolved. Love the Orbi but honestly lack of support is incredible, and constantly hearing to default is just lame! 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Maybe that's why Netgear has still NOT publically posted the new firmware.

My RBK53 system devices have not automatically updated, nor tell me I have new firmware waiting. 

Message 2 of 6
dpdurst
Luminary

Possibly, I saw this same behavior in the previous release they pulled but it didn't last long enough for me loaded on the Orbi to pin this down as to what might be causing it or making it stuck. If they know about it cool, if not there seems to be an issue and I have captured that now. I'm good on this release since I know all devices are working fine, we'll see what else pops up if it does..

Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

I was going to manual update, as I am big on running the latest firmware. But decided not to since my system is rock solid on .15. Add to that the track record Netgear has for releasing unstable firmware. I always run OpenWRT on netgear routers I install for that reason.
Message 4 of 6
dpdurst
Luminary

Funny I run OpenWRT on a few routers I use at work. I wasn't going to upgrade but was curious about the DHCP device display issue. So now I know but that so far seems to be the only thing I found not correct. You know, I thought the company I worked for was the only one that could mess up a software build, I guess there are other's out there as well. It seems Netgear however is a bit more constant on things working and then not working between builds. Just not getting it, well I do but don't.. lol

Message 5 of 6
dpdurst
Luminary

Moved on to another router this issue is resolved. Love the Orbi but honestly lack of support is incredible, and constantly hearing to default is just lame! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7