Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices aren’t auto connecting to my Orbi Satelite

MariaS32
Follower

Devices aren’t auto connecting to my Orbi Satelite

I've recently successfully installed an orbi mesh network and for a week or so we had great connectivity throughout the entire house.

This morning however all our WiFi devices are connecting directly to the router and not the satellites. In the app the router appears green but the satellites are showing pink. If I click on each satelite there are no devices connected but all seem to be connected to the router. We've tried resetting the satellites but nothing happens. Any ideas how we get them back up and running?

thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: Devices aren’t auto connecting to my Orbi Satelite

@MariaS32 wrote:

I've recently successfully installed an orbi mesh network and for a week or so we had great connectivity throughout the entire house.

This morning however all our WiFi devices are connecting directly to the router and not the satellites. In the app the router appears green but the satellites are showing pink. If I click on each satelite there are no devices connected but all seem to be connected to the router. We've tried resetting the satellites but nothing happens. Any ideas how we get them back up and running?

thanks

Have you checked your network on the pc login?

the app has been reported as in reliable 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Based on placement, distance of the Orib system and loction of your wifi devices, they will pick and choose where they connect to. 

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

Have you checked your network on the pc login?

the app has been reported as in reliable 

one other thing....are the devices in question working?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7