Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices connected to router or satellite

whsbuss-1
Apprentice

Devices connected to router or satellite

So when looking at the the attached devices screen, how can I tell what network device (router or satellite) a device is connected to? 

Also, is there a screen that shows the router's mac address? The attached devices screen shows the mac address for the satellite.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

most ppl know how to do this already so here are the instructions to get the advance view of attached devices

For “Attached Device advanced view”, please use following debug method to turn it on.

access the orbi router debug page at https://www.netgear.com/orbilogin/debug.htm

Enable telnet server from debug page

start a command prompt from your comp and telnet into the orbi

From telnet console, type following commands

shell> config set enable_adv_attached=1

shell> config commit

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
jimmycrank
Aspirant

It's a good question and one I've been particularly frustrated with.  I have a router and 2 satellites.  The router shows me "ALL" connected devices regardless of what the device is connected to.  I can log into 1 of my satellites via IP and the "connected devices" only to that satellite will show up.  I then log into my other satellite from it's IP but unfortunately I get that glorious spinning wheel and the connected devices NEVER show up on that satellite. 

Ultimately, it doesn't really affect the success I've had with the product as it's been the best WIFI network I've had to date but this is quite annoying.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 3

most ppl know how to do this already so here are the instructions to get the advance view of attached devices

For “Attached Device advanced view”, please use following debug method to turn it on.

access the orbi router debug page at https://www.netgear.com/orbilogin/debug.htm

Enable telnet server from debug page

start a command prompt from your comp and telnet into the orbi

From telnet console, type following commands

shell> config set enable_adv_attached=1

shell> config commit

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements