Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices connected to satellite via ethernet can't get IP address

silenttuba
Follower

Devices connected to satellite via ethernet can't get IP address

Hi all,

I have an Orbi Pro system (SRR 60) with two satellites. The main router is next to the cable modem in the living room, one satellite in the kitchen, and the other upstairs in the home office. Each satellite has 4 ethernet ports, which is important for me, because I have my Synology NAS connected to the office satellite. Ever since updating to the latest firmware, I have been essentiall unable to use my NAS, which stores all my media, as well as serving as my backup drive.

Finally today, after trying different things to fix the issue (downgrading firmware, upgrading again when that didn't work, resetting the satellites and resyncing, changing ethernet cables) my brother and I discovered that the issue is probably related to network timeouts; the NAS can't get an IP because the ping was 12000 ms+! I had decided to try restarting just the satellites one last time, so I shut the kitchen satellite off, and suddenly the NAS mounted on my desktop. Everything worked perfectly. I turned the kitchen on again, and once again, could not access the NAS.

Anyone have a clue what is going on? What can I do to make this work (short of just using one satellite, which isn't ideal; the kitchen satellite reaches into the backyard, which allows me to control the SONOS when I'm outside).

Thanks in advance!

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices connected to satellite via ethernet can't get IP address

Please post about this over in the Orbi Pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Devices connected to satellite via ethernet can't get IP address

@silenttuba,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Just to verify, only the Synology NAS doesn't get an IP Address? 

What is the behavior of the LED lights on all SRR60 and the 2 SRS60? 

Are you able to go online via a wired and wireless connection on your SRR60?  How about each of the 2 SRS60? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7