Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices connected via WIFI are not able to find DLNA services outside the WIFI network

michabbb
Aspirant

Devices connected via WIFI are not able to find DLNA services outside the WIFI network

hi there,

my situation:

----> INTERNET ---> FRITZBOX ----> RBR40 (router mode) ----> WIFI DEVICES (my phone)

|

DLNA  DEVICES

so at my FRITZBOX (network 192.168.178.X) i have several devices which provide DLNA services.

since i use the ORBI WIFI my mobile devices are no longer able to find these DLNA devices when scanning

the local network.

for example: if i start VLC on my mobile i can scan the local network. there i should find several devices which provide DLNA,

for example, SONOS, my NAS, MEDIA SERVER and so on.... but NONE of them were found since i use the ORBI.

is there any way to fix that ??????

thanks,

micha

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices connected via WIFI are not able to find DLNA services outside the WIFI network

Connect your DLNA devices to the Orbi router, not the fritzbox. 

If the fritzbox has a router built in, you could change the Orby system from router mode to AP mode, LAN to LAN. 

Or use the DMZ on the fritzbox for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem and use the Orbi router in it's current router mode configuration. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices connected via WIFI are not able to find DLNA services outside the WIFI network

Connect your DLNA devices to the Orbi router, not the fritzbox. 

If the fritzbox has a router built in, you could change the Orby system from router mode to AP mode, LAN to LAN. 

Or use the DMZ on the fritzbox for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem and use the Orbi router in it's current router mode configuration. 

Message 2 of 4
michabbb
Aspirant

thanks for the quick reply. the AP-Mode is working. the fritzbox has no DMZ but "Exposed Hosts" but this setting did not work.

it would be nice to have all the features of the orbi but i guess the AP-Mode is my only solution here.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, glad you got it working.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7