Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices disappeared from network map

Chuck_M
Mentor

Devices disappeared from network map

I installed a new AC3000..... Router and One sattelite.

Updated firmware to current version on Router and Satellite... all good.

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone in the Orbi App, the network diagram shows up correctly but no attached devices appear.

On my wife's Iphone, the network diagram shows up correctly and includes all attached devices.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on Android App, but still network map doesnt show devices.  

All devices do appear in the Device list, however.

All software on phone is current.

Any ideas of what could be causing this or how to resolve?

Thanks!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Re: Devices disappeared from network map

Mine (S8+, Android 8.0.0) will show devices on the map about 30% of the time if I wait and wait for it to populate. The Orbi app has not shown this with any reliability or consistency for me for this latest app version. As with you, the list populates fine. In comparison, the Netgear Genie app map populates immediately and shows all devices in a full tree fine without issue. I am assuming that the Orbi Android app map is buggy, at least for some users. There most likely is no hurry to remedy this since.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Mine (S8+, Android 8.0.0) will show devices on the map about 30% of the time if I wait and wait for it to populate. The Orbi app has not shown this with any reliability or consistency for me for this latest app version. As with you, the list populates fine. In comparison, the Netgear Genie app map populates immediately and shows all devices in a full tree fine without issue. I am assuming that the Orbi Android app map is buggy, at least for some users. There most likely is no hurry to remedy this since.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7