Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices not appear in Attached Devices list

mattleeds
Aspirant

Devices not appear in Attached Devices list

Is there a known issue where devices do not appear in the 'attached devices' list? I have a Ring Doorbell which is connected as I'm viewing the live stream - yet it is not appearing in the device list?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Does it happen with different browsers?

Sometimes it doesn't populate immedately in the routers web page...

Message 2 of 5
movax
Tutor

I wouldn't count on using the attached devices list for accurate information; I don't know what method it uses (ARP tables, etc.) but some devices (especially embedded IoT style stuff that may have smaller / less-feature network stacks) often don't appear at all. Using an IP scanner or similar tool would confirm that stuff is hooked up and present on your network.

Message 3 of 5
mattleeds
Aspirant

I've tried different browsers but no change.

For an 'attached devices' table to not show the attached devices is rather disappointing - they are all on wireless so the devices should all know exactly what is connected. Is this just a poor implementation by Netgear, or is it a bug?

Message 4 of 5
movax
Tutor

I think it's a little of Column A and a little of Column B. At the low-level, each of the Orbis should have a ARP and MAC table where they know what MAC addresses are attached to which interface, and what MACs map to what IPs. It's the gathering and parsing of this information across multiple switches that may have some bugs in the implementation. Competitors (certainly in the enterprise space) easily get this right; it must not be a high-priority for NG to fix.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7