Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices not connecting to satellites

mattleeds
Aspirant

Devices not connecting to satellites

I have a number of devices which do not connect to a satellite, only the main router. Is this a known issue, and is there a way round this? It is preventing me from using some devices as they are located too far from the router?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices not connecting to satellites

What FW version are you using on the router and satellites? Should be the same...

What is the distances between the router and satellite(s)? Feet? Should be starting at about 30 feet from the router.

What distances are these devices from the router and satellite(s)?

Message 2 of 4
mattleeds
Aspirant

I am using v2.1.4.16 - how do I check the version of the individual devices?

One satellite is around 25-30ft from the router (through a floor and 2 walls), the other is around 40-50ft (through a floor and 4 walls). Both satellites are connected via Ethernet to the Gateway. One of the problematic devices is around 80ft from the router, 30ft from the satellite - this is one that refuses to connect to the satellite and instead tries to connect to the router (but does not have sufficient connection strength).

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the routers connected clients list, this will show a list of satellites that are connected. There will be an IP address displayed with each satellite. You can connect to each satellite using its IP address...

What channels are you using? Try 1, 6 or 11.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chaing and Fast Roaming on the router, apply and reboot.

I would try this, swap satellites around and see if the device will connect to it's closest satellite...Turn off the other satellites while your testing accept for one.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7