Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices on 2.4 ghz wifi unable to get an internet connection

Norfolkboy1111
Aspirant

Devices on 2.4 ghz wifi unable to get an internet connection

Hi all,

I'm pulling my hair out with my orbi system at the moment. i recently changed to Virgin Media, and therefore the Orbi is now running in AP mode and devices that use the 2.4 wifi signal can connect to wifi but have no internet connection. 5 ghz is working fine and ethernet is also working.

I have tried changing channels of the 2.4 signal but that does not help.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices on 2.4 ghz wifi unable to get an internet connection

What Mfr and model# ISP modem do you have? Built in wifi and router here by chance?

If so, did you disable ALL Wifi radios here?

Did you walk thru the set up wizard on the orbi router to set it set up with your modem?

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try using channels 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz.

Set WPA and TPIK only, then try WPA2 and AES only security modes.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming...

What wireless devices do you have?

Message 2 of 4
Norfolkboy1111
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

i have a Virgin Superhub 3 running as the modem, and i have disbaled the Wifi on this.

will try the setting s you suggested, house is semi detatched so littl eother wifi signals close by, problem devives are two Android running phones plus an Amazon fire tablet- all threee wokred fine beofre the Orbi went into AP mode.

i could factory reset the whole Orbi system and start again and see if this has any effect.,

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if any of the suggestions help.

Try powering OFF these devices for 1 minuted then back on.

Changing from router mode to AP mode should be a problem. However if your modem is running modem mode, then you should be using router mode on the Orbi system. If you only disabled the wifi on the modem, then AP mode should work. If you didn't bridge the modem fully, you can use the DMZ on the modem for the Orbi router and try it back in router mode.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7