Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices stop working on WiFi - Orbi RBK50

comicalchaos38
Aspirant

Devices stop working on WiFi - Orbi RBK50

I have an Orbi RBK50 (Router and Satellite) where all WiFi devices, regardless of OS, will intermittently loose connection.

When this happens, our mobile devices will switch to cellular and eventually back to WiFi. Sometimes my Android phone tells me Internet not available on WiFI when it changes to cellular. Other times devices stay connected to the WiFi and websites/etc will time out. Only way to resolve that is to turn WiFi off/on for each device or power cycle the Orbi Router. This will happen sitting six feet away from Orbi, so range is not the issue and never had an isssue with a hardwired devices

Currently running Firmware V1.12.0.18

I confirmed Orbi is not resetting/rebooting because I am still able to access the web interface from hardwired computer.

I have tried using a different Router and configured Orbi as an access point and still happens. 

I've tried different Wifi channels and didn't help.

This has been going on for months and I'm completely fed up with it and frustrated that I spent so much money on something that is not reliable.

Anybody have any idea?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello comicalchaos38 

Have you tried to factory reset the unit this last firmware update was a big one it may need the reset. Also you may want to try and enable mimimo and beamforming some have said this has helped.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
comicalchaos38
Aspirant

DarrenM,

I reset the router with the reset button and enabled the MU-MIMO and Implicit BEAMFORMING as suggested. I will test this out for a few days and let you know the results.

Thanks,

CC38

Message 3 of 7
robertmurray
Aspirant

I purchased the RBK50 which was hundreds of dollars because my wifi is pathetic once you walk outside,long story short its still pathetic.I hooked it up as per instructions my wifi says im connected to orbi but when i try to log in to the netgear orbi login page i get a message saying you are not connected to orbi.WTF am i doing wrong its starting to piss me off the 700 au dollars is a huge amount of money as im a pensioner.Would love someone to help me.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Robertmurray

What is your network setup is orbi behind another router? The ip address to log into orbi could of changed if that is the case.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
robertmurray
Aspirant

How do i fix it so i can actually use my 700 dollar investment that has been incredibly dissapointing so far.Is it possible that a technician could explain what im doing wrong,im a pensioner on disability so 700 is a huge amount of money for me.Help

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

what is the model of your modem? and do you have any other routers hooked up to your modem besides orbi?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7