Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices with Orbi App Installed losing internet connectivity

pmsurveys
Aspirant

Devices with Orbi App Installed losing internet connectivity

For about the last 6 months I've been having issues on my iPhone which has the Orbi app installed on it. I would lose internet connectivity 2-3 times per day. I would fire up a speed test app and would show no internet. However if I opened the Orbi app and waited a couple of seconds it would show the router as been online and hey presto my phone would spring to life. I've about 20 other devices etc connected and all would stay connected without problem. Recently then I installed the app on my wife's iPhone as she wanted some control over kids access when I'm not around and straight away she started getting the same issue and the same fix would work for her. As you can imagine I'm getting it square on in the ear about how her internet keeps dropping and not good enough. All the usual things been done etc and still the same. Any ideas clever people?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

If it only happens when the Orbi app is installed. I'd uninstall the app. Maybe something in the app and a different app you have installed in causing conflict. 

You can navigate the orbi system through a browser on your phone. It'll have more functionallity than just the app and avoid the conflict. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@pmsurveys wrote:
For about the last 6 months I've been having issues on my iPhone which has the Orbi app installed on it. I would lose internet connectivity 2-3 times per day. I would fire up a speed test app and would show no internet. However if I opened the Orbi app and waited a couple of seconds it would show the router as been online and hey presto my phone would spring to life. I've about 20 other devices etc connected and all would stay connected without problem. Recently then I installed the app on my wife's iPhone as she wanted some control over kids access when I'm not around and straight away she started getting the same issue and the same fix would work for her. As you can imagine I'm getting it square on in the ear about how her internet keeps dropping and not good enough. All the usual things been done etc and still the same. Any ideas clever people?

Message 3 of 5
pmsurveys
Aspirant

Latest firmware installed last week. No ISP router as have FIber to the home which works directly with Orbi. Getting class speed but this just bugging a bit. Gonna try uninstalling the app as suggested above.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

After checking the app. Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch as well. 

@pmsurveys wrote:
Latest firmware installed last week. No ISP router as have FIber to the home which works directly with Orbi. Getting class speed but this just bugging a bit. Gonna try uninstalling the app as suggested above.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7