Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable Beamforming

HoopSpin
Aspirant

Disable Beamforming

Forgive the basic question. I've read a number of posts regarding an issue I'm having with the Orbi dropping connection to Nest Cameras. Many have suggested a solution of disabling beamforming, at least until a firmware update may address the problem. I'm not seeing this option in Advanced Settings. Could someone please provide the path? 

thanks 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
krf007
Star

Re: Disable Beamforming

Go to the Tab Advanced

Then to Advanced Setup

Then to Wireless Settings

Scroll down - second line from bottom

Message 2 of 6
HoopSpin
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. 

On this tab, I see three groups:

Advance Wireless Settings (2.4GHz b/g/n)

Advance Wireless Settings (5 GHz 802.11 a/n/ac)

Back haul Password

The second from the bottom is Trasnsmit Power Control under the 5GHz grouping. I don't see a reference to Beamforming on the page. Am I in the right spot?

Message 3 of 6
krf007
Star

Yes, on that page, the bottom line reads enable MU-MIMO.  The line above that says enable implicit Beamforming.  At least it does on my system. 

Message 4 of 6
HoopSpin
Aspirant

My firmware was out of date (ordeal to update). I see it now. Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 6
cyberprashant
Luminary

I've left mu-mimo enabled and disabled beamforming.  My issue:  An HP All in one (AIO) pc was having difficulty saving a file on a network wired PC.   It seems disabling Beamformng improved (upload) - saving to a network drive.   Any one else experience this?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7