Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disable Daisy Chain Mode not working

tammersalem
Follower

Disable Daisy Chain Mode not working

Hello,

I have an issue with poor connection in my backhaul specifically with an RBW30 add on satellite.

My configuration is as follows:

1. RBR50 Router
  2. RBS50 Satellite
  3. RBW30 Satellite

(The configuration is the router in a kind of 'L' formation with the router at the elbow of the 'L')

With the daisy chain update I had assumed that the connectivity would be better improved because it would pick the best backhaul. What I found is that it consistently kept switching the backhaul so the RBRW30 Satellite was alwasy unstable.

So I've tried to turn off daisy chaining (which reboots the entire system) - and for some strange reason it is still daisy chaining

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 09.15.35.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-17 at 09.16.04.png

You can see my version (V2.3.1.44) and configuration in the screenshots above.

Any recommendations?

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

With the RBR at the elbow of the L placement configuration, Daisy Chain will be of no benefit and will not work in this kind of placement configuration. If the RBR was at the head or tail of the L configuration, then maybe DS would work. 

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Ensure DS is disabled before bringing on the RBSs. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@tammersalem wrote:

So I've tried to turn off daisy chaining (which reboots the entire system) - and for some strange reason it is still daisy chaining

The attached screen shot show both satellites connected to the router, i.e. NOT a "Daisy Chain" (which means the router is connected to one satellite and the second satellite is connected to the first one.)

Something about the placement of the satellite is resulting in poor signal between it and the router.  The RBW30 is designed to plug into a wall outlet.  Those are often close to the floor and behind furniture. Could be metal appliances in the path.  Is this RBW30 actually plugged into the wall?  What happens when it is plugged into an extension cord and moved to different locations?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7