Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable Red Mute LED

Richar51
Aspirant

Disable Red Mute LED

Is there a way to disable the red LED when you mute the voice assistant, in my case Alexa? Reason being, the mic is too sensitive and I have Alexa devices competing for my attention two rooms away. I want to continue using it as a speaker, but I find the red light a bit annoying. I have other smart devices that will turn off the mute signal after a cpl minutes. Would be a great enhancement if not already available. Appreciate any feedback the community has.
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Disable Red Mute LED

You can change the echo's "wake word" to individualize the devices. 

That's what I've done with my devices that are close enough to interact with each other. 

Message 2 of 5
Richar51
Aspirant

Thank you. I do that for other devices as well, but unfortunately Orbi does not currently allow you to change the wake word. Please let me know if anybody understands otherwise.

Thank you again !
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Right but if you leave the orbi as alexa and change all the others to echo, sweet cheeks, etc.....then you should be good. 

Message 4 of 5
Richar51
Aspirant

Got ya. It’s a viable work around to what I would think would be a standard feature. I’ll give it some thought. Appreciate it !
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7