Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disabling source NAT on Orbi

Brady_M
Initiate

Disabling source NAT on Orbi

I'm considering buying an RBK30 system, but have some specific requirements.  Looking at the manual it appears there is no way to disable the source NAT function if using it in router mode.  I need the following features:

Ability to reserve DHCP addresses per MAC on both the internal and guest wireless networks, and ability to disable the source NAT function (I have another downstream device doing that).

If not, are there any other Netgear systems that support both of these configurations simultaneously?

Thanks

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Disabling source NAT on Orbi

Message 2 of 4
st_shaw
Master

I think the best you can do is run the Orbi in Access Point mode and use your downstream device (or another device) to handle the routing and DHCP server functions.

Message 3 of 4
Brady_M
Initiate

Yep, thanks for the reply... this is what I suspected.  I may do exactly that - move those functions and have the Orbi just be an AP, but would be convenient to have that option on the Orbi.  For the Netgear folks watching please log this as a feature request 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7