Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney Circle

Tracy262
Follower

Disney Circle

My son somehow activated Disney circle on this router. Now some devices are paused and I cannot turn it off. The app asks for a passcode, which I have no way of getting. I called theDisney circle support people, and they said I had to deactivate this thru netgear. Any idea how I fix this??
Thank you
Message 1 of 7
sandcastle
Aspirant

I assume you're using the mobile app - after you enable circle you I don't think you can turn the parental controls "off" from the app, it just opens the circle app.

If you log in to the web interface for the Orbi, then go to advanced, security, parental controls you can turn the cicle parental controls off from there.

Message 2 of 7
Jvreeman
Star

Save your settings (or write them down, and do a factory reset of the router.

I have the external Circle - I didn't want my router doing that sorting.  Orbi is tempremental as it is...

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tracy262

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser log into your orbi with the default login of  admin/password or with the password that you set click parental controls then you can disable circle.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
innov
Aspirant

The passcode system can be a problem.  I never received the passcode, because when app asked for phone number it did not specify 'number that receives text messages'.  Hence no password.   Circle support pages instruct for these cases contact support for instructions, netgear support says no instructions without payment.   Not exactly helpful.  Probably best to ignore circle...... if you need parental support features, then overall, it seems Netgear is not the correct product to buy?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tracy262,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 6 of 7
insecticide
Tutor

If you open the circle app on your device and go the menu->manage and you will find and item called "Get Circle Passcode".  

I'm assuming you don't want your son to have admin access to the router so change the password on it after diabling circle.

HTH

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7