Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Do both router and satellite emit wifi signal?

althea
Guide

Do both router and satellite emit wifi signal?

Do both the router and satellite emit wifi signal or does the router just communicate with the satellite and the satellite alone emits the wifi signal? It seem that the signal near my satellite is much stronger than near my router.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

@althea wrote:

Do both the router and satellite emit wifi signal or does the router just communicate with the satellite and the satellite alone emits the wifi signal? It seem that the signal near my satellite is much stronger than near my router.

Both emit equivalent WiFi signals.  At a given distance away, the signal strength should be the same for either one. Walls will reduce the signal, of course.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

If there is no cable between two, what do you think?

Message 2 of 4
althea
Guide

C

@VE6CGX wrote:

If there is no cable between two, what do you think?

Can you explain? Is there a reason the router could not emit a wifi signal without a cable connecting it to the satellite?

Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

@althea wrote:

Both emit equivalent WiFi signals.  At a given distance away, the signal strength should be the same for either one. Walls will reduce the signal, of course.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7