Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does Orbi RBK50 support USB3 Connected hard drives?

FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset the Orbi router after v210 was installed, then setup from scratch with the USB drive to see if it connected and available? 

@paddyr wrote:

Well....my usb 2 drive worked perfectly for many months and I used it as a backup drive for Carbon Copy (on a MAc).

I updated the firmware to 2.2.1.210 and never saw the drive again! 

I reverted the firmware back to 2.1.4.16 and although sometimes I can see the drive, I have trouble connecting to it and have not been able to write to it. I'm not 100% sure what the firmware version was before I updated.... so I'm not sure if 2.1.4.16 was the version that actually worked previously. 

In any case, for the sake of sanity and not wasting time on crap like this, I'm just going to go buy a network drive and plug it in to an ethernet port and get on with my life.

Message 26 of 28
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi All, 

I have checked this with the team. Orbi has not been updated to use Readyshare features as of right now it only officially supports Readyshare print for printers via the USB.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 27 of 28
DezM
Star

I also have the latest firmware that ends with "210" and cannont get any drive to be seen. Currently, there is a 32GB flash drive attached formatted to FAT32 and I don't see it anywhere in Router page nor on my Network. Where is this supposed to appear (for those that said they got their FAT32 drive to work with their Orbi)?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7