Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does Orbi work with Google Fiber?

wacky1215
Follower

Does Orbi work with Google Fiber?

So we just got Orbi this weekend. It seems to be working fine, except it keeps dropping the internet from certain devices. Specifically my wife's phone, Galaxy 8. I had to redo the wifi connection on both my iPad and iPhone, but now my stuff is fine. But hers keeps dropping even after she redoes her wifi connection. Is there a solution to this? We have Google Fiber internet, and have the Orbi plugged into the Google router. We tried plugging straight into the Orbi, but that didn't work. Please help us!

Message 1 of 4
Techlore
Apprentice

The Orbi base station should be plugged into a modem as it acts as a router.

If your wife's phone is the only problem them most likely the issue is with the phone, a setting or something my need to be changed.

Message 2 of 4
loomis1975
Luminary

Galaxy S8 and S8+ are known to have a problem staying connected to Orbi.  Workaround for now until it gets sorted is to enable guest network and connect the S8 to that.

Message 3 of 4
JMU1998
Luminary

I have googlefiber and to mitigate most issues I had to turn off the wifi on the GoogleBox and set Orbi in AP mode.  my Galaxy s8 also constantly drops it is a known issue hopefully Netgear is working on a fix in a future Firmware.  some issues still persist with the latest firmware, really unhappy Netgear removing features like unable to adjust radio power level anymore especially if you turn off wifi either 2.4 or 5ghz radio on your GoogleBox, Orbi u can't select which radio to turn on or off anymore. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7