Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does an RBR50 has known problems with Apple HomeKit devices?

Beeldbuisje
Guide

Does an RBR50 has known problems with Apple HomeKit devices?

I own this Router for 2 years now, fully satisfied. It's set as an accesspoint.

Last year I bought a Netatmo doorbell. Should work with HomeKit, but his Security app gives the message: not connected with an HomeKit Hub. I have 3 Apple TV's wich could be used as Hubs and they are listed so in the HomeKit app.

The people of Netatmo told me his software works fine and the point of this well recognised HomeKit hubs is confirmed by Netatmo users in the Netatmo forum.

Because my ISP modem is located in the cellar, I only can work with mesh systems like this RBR50.

All the satellites are connected to the main station with a lan cable. One satellite stands directly near my doorbell.

Could this issue be a kind of setting in the RBR50?

thanks

Gert

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Does an RBR50 has known problems with Apple HomeKit devices?

What actual router are you using as primary? 

If the RBR50 is setup in access point mode, its routing features are going to be disabled so its more going to be whatever router the rbr is connected to. 

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 6
Beeldbuisje
Guide

It's connected directly to my Telenet (Belgium) ISP router/modem.

I already asked the same question to them, normally HomeKit features are 100% compatible with their routers.

Thanks for this info, I already hesitated for a problem around the doorbell itself...

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

what actual modem is it? 

Can you put it in passthrough/modem only mode? And then the orbi back in router mode? 

Message 4 of 6
Beeldbuisje
Guide

On that Telenet modem is almost nothing to adapt. You can change wifi network, password, wireless on/off, that's it.

Message 5 of 6
Beeldbuisje
Guide

I also found the possibilities of port-forwarding in this Telenet modem. But this doesn't give a solution here I guess...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7