Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does the RBS50v2 satellite work (well) with RBR50v1 router and other RBS50v1 satellite?

NeoX
Follower

Does the RBS50v2 satellite work (well) with RBR50v1 router and other RBS50v1 satellite?

I have the RBK50 WiFi system purchased in July 2018, so I assume it consists of RBR50v1 and RBS50v1.  I'm looking to purchase an additional RBS50 satellite, but I see there is now an RBS50v2 available.  Will this work with my existing system, and will whatever advantages the v2 has over the v1 still be utilised if it's connected to my RBR50v1 router?

Also, is the RBS50v2 even available for sale on its own, or is it only part of the current RBK50 package?  It's not obvious from the retailer sites which RBS50 version is being sold and I can see from here that the v2 only got FCC approval in December 2018.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Does the RBS50v2 satellite work (well) with RBR50v1 router and other RBS50v1 satellite?

Hi @NeoX

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

It's for some Hardware improvements but no feature or performance changes. All else should be compatible and should work well with the existing unit you have. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does the RBS50v2 satellite work (well) with RBR50v1 router and other RBS50v1 satellite?

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @NeoX

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

It's for some Hardware improvements but no feature or performance changes. All else should be compatible and should work well with the existing unit you have. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7