Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does unchecking "Enable 5G" do the same as Disable SSID?

PHX_aek
Aspirant

Does unchecking "Enable 5G" do the same as Disable SSID?

Model:  Orbi RBR850 w/ 2 Orbi RBS850 Satellites

I'm trying to disable broadcasting of the 5Ghz SSID temporarily from my Orbi but I haven't found a menu path in the Router webpage to do this.  The closest thing I see is an option to uncheck a box next to "Enable 5G."  Does this do the same thing? (see attached photo)

Would unchecking this box disable broadcasting of the SSID for 5G or could I goof something up?

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 7.00.30 PM.png

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does unchecking "Enable 5G" do the same as Disable SSID?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

No, thats for enabling AX mode on 5Ghz or disabling AX Mode. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
PHX_aek
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Just for future reference, images placed "in line" using the Photos icon on the menu bar do not appear to others until approved by a forum moderator.  There are not very many moderators, who are covering all of the Netgear community forums, so that sometimes takes hours (or days!).  Images "attached" using the Browse button in the lower left appear immediately.

I have NO IDEA who thought this was a good idea, but "it is what it is".

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7