Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Doppio Router Orbi rbk20

pizzicante
Aspirant

Doppio Router Orbi rbk20

salve, ho due problemucci..

il primo: posseggo due router orbi e un satellite..... c'è un qualunque modo o trucco per far diventare il router un altro satellite come fanno anche altre blasonate marche???

secondo: esiste un modo per scindere le due reti wifi? ho delle prese che funzionano a 2.4 e non riesco a configurarlo correttamente.

grazie tante

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Doppio Router Orbi rbk20

@pizzicante wrote:

hi, I have two problems ..

the first: I own two orbit routers and a satellite ..... is there any way or trick to make the router another satellite like other well-known brands do ???

Orbi mesh system should only have one main router. This is the only and optimum way to use Orbi as a homogeneous mesh system.

Your only option if you have to use the other router is to connect it wired to the main router and set it in AP mode. In this case you can configure that 2nd router with the same SSID -if you want- but you have to select other radio channels than the ones used in the main router, but don't expect roaming to work perfectly in all your devices as roaming in this case is not controlled by the main Orbi and depends much on your devices.

Please note that more base station does not guarantee you better coverage, on the contrary, in a mesh system performance degrades the more satellites you have. So please try always to choose the optimum number of satellites.

One RBR20 and one RBS20 can cover 4000 sq ft area (370 sq meters) according to specifications.

@pizzicante wrote:

second: is there a way to split the two wifi networks? I have sockets that work at 2.4 and I can not configure it correctly.

Thank you very much

It's recommended to have one single SSID for the whole system.

For very special cases with non-standard devices where you will have issues with single SSID, you can use the procedure described in this post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Home-Wifi-amp-LA-Crosse-Weather-Station-Alarm-Clock-2-4GH...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
pizzicante
Aspirant

non riesco ad accedere al telnet del router orbi.. mi chiede una password che non ho.. come posso fare per recuperare questa password?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@pizzicante wrote:

I can not access the telnet router orbi .. ask me for a password that I do not have .. how can I recover this password??

Telnet password is the same as the admin password that you use when connecting to orbilogin.com. If you forgot the admin password then you need to follow the instructions that you get when you go to orbilogin.com by stating the Orbi serial number and answering security questions. Please see below:

Namnlöst.png

If you forgot the security questions then your only option would be to factory reset Orbi and start again from scratch.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7