Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dos Protection Orbi

Hogstead
Follower

Dos Protection Orbi

When logging into the router and reviewing the logs the router claims I am getting multiple Dos attacks in a very short time span.
This results in my PC losing internet and gaining it back multiple times rapidly and not being able to connect to the internet.
Upon looking at the log it claims that I am getting attacked by Valve aka steam, a multibillion-dollar company...
Basically, getting Dos'ed by my own router. see attached image

Message 1 of 5

Re: Dos Protection Orbi

Tried searching this forum for Dos attacks?

They are mostly false alarms and a consequence of Netgear's wonky logging.

If this is locking up your router, then you can disable logging and see if that improves matters:

• Advanced
  • Administration
  • Logs
  • Disable as required.

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Hogstead wrote:

This results in my PC losing internet and gaining it back multiple times rapidly and not being able to connect to the internet.

How do you know that those DoS attacks are the casue of the drops? I really doubt that this can cause issues in Orbi, as being detected means that the attacks should not have an impact on the system.

Message 3 of 5

@ekhalil
How do you know that those DoS attacks are the casue of the drops? I really doubt that this can cause issues in Orbi, as being detected means that the attacks should not have an impact on the system.

Could be a case of overloading the router's processor. Nothing to do with blocking internet traffic.

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Hogstead Can you please monitor the CPU load in the debug page for the router orbi (orbilogin.com/debug.htm).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7