Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Double Protected

Charlievanm
Follower

Double Protected

I actually have a RBR40 locally connected Orbi mesh router for the past year. I recently paid for a 1-year subscription to NetGear Armor Bitdefender since the original subscription was expiring.

Now, I currently have ESET Cyber Security software installed on my MacBook Pro and I'm quite happy that it's keep me secure and free of viruses.

Would I need to uninstall the ESET software in order to install and run NetGear Armor Bitdefender on this device and others?
Would there be no conflicts to use them both on my laptop - hence double protected.

Thanks in advance,

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Double Protected

@Charlievanm wrote:

IWould I need to uninstall the ESET software in order to install and run NetGear Armor Bitdefender on this device and others?
Would there be no conflicts to use them both on my laptop - hence double protected.

As long as I can remember, running multiple security suites on a computer has been discouraged.  However, this is 2021.  Things may have changed.

I think you are more likely to get an informed response by posting the question in the community forum for Armor:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

And by asking ESET.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7