Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Drop Connection today

PaulK617
Star

Drop Connection today

I have been trying to access my Nest thermostat remotely but it was offline. Got home and noticed all my devices was offline. Did a speed test and it seem ok, but my devices was still off line. Rebooted the router and problem fixed. My router is on v2.1.3.4. and this is the first drop in connection since update almost 2 weeks ago. Anyone else with same issue?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Was a factory reset performend after updating FW? Please do this and set up from scratch. 

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming. 

Set manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz. 

Let us know if this helps. I have two NESTs connected with mine. Beamformng enaabled only. 

Message 2 of 6
PaulK617
Star

Thanks for responding Furry. I’m so frustrated with Netgear. All these issue occur after they fix the Speedtest within Orbi app. Yesterday, my garage opener lose connection. Had to call my neighbor to manually close it. Right now, my Nest thermostat just went offline again. I sure, if I reboot the router it will reconnect. But that’s a temporary fix.
Furry. I shouldn’t have to do a factory reset and would hate to. I have about 20 devices to connect back. Also, I’m not familiar with MIMO, daisy chain, fast roaming. My setup is RBK50 and additional orbi wall plug satellite. My speed from Xfinity is 300Mbps, that should suffice. I also connect all kids devices on guest network to prioritize all home devices like security cameras, garage opener, thermostat, and Alexa.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I understand the frustration and not willing to factory reset. However doing a factory reset and set up from scratch has proven with others and my self that it's needed on v2.1.3.x.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1548414/highlight/true#M27868
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/speed-slows-down-Orbi/m-p/1551822/highlight/true#M28289

There are some major changes in the FW that need a clean slate to begin with.

Please try the factor reset and set up from scratch. I have not had any NEST issues since.

Message 4 of 6
PaulK617
Star

Thanks again Furry. Will do as a last resort. I just change my channel from auto to 1 on the 2.4Ghz bandwidth. I noticed it always drop connection by 8am so I’m anticipating right now. Hope that solves it.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try the factory reset and set up from scatch.

Others have had good luck with it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7