Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: Dropping Internet Connection

Pmo2408
Follower

Dropping Internet Connection

Purchased the Orbi RBK50 to replace my r7000, had zero issues for a good month. Now, the past few days I have had my devices hard wired into the satellite lose Internet connection temporarily for a second and then resume.

What would cause this? The Xbox and laptop are hardwired into the satellite and both lost Internet temporarily a few times this weekend. However, my iPhone (wireless) and android shield (wired into the router) did not lose Internet connection. Should I set a static IP address? Remove any QOS (don't have any set up currently)? Establish QOS? I wish I could troubleshoot it further.

The router and satellite are on separate floors, however they are directly above one another so I figured that would be the issue if wireless was the problem, but it shouldn't since the two devices that are losing Internet connection are wired into the satellite.
Message 1 of 2
myblade
Tutor

Betreff: Dropping Internet Connection

There may be some disturbing factors.

The devices themselves are connected to the satallite, but the satellite is communicating with the router by wifi.

Have you run a wifi scanner to see what wifis are up and on which channels? Maybe some person has setup a wifi in the channels as the backhaul is using.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7