Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dropping wired connection to PC RBR50/RBS50

boryst
Follower

Dropping wired connection to PC RBR50/RBS50

Hi, I'm having a problem where my PC which is hardwired to my RBS50 (satellite) is losing it's connection for a few seconds, 5-10, not quite sure how many as I'm frantically trying to get back into my game. It comes right back up after 5-10 seconds but by that time the damage is already done. I'm not sure if these disconnects are affecting other devices connected to the WiFi for example as I only really notice it when I drop from a game (and get punished for it). When I go to statistics in the advance settings of the router the LAN1 port has a significantly reduced up time than the rest of them as you can tell by the attached image. The stats page looks strange too because I'm wired into the satellite which has 4 LAN ports but the statistics page only lists 1 through 3. Maybe this stats page is for the router which does have a WAN and 3 x LAN ports (that makes sense). If so my DVR is what's wired to LAN1 at the router. Is there a stats page for the satellite? How do I pinpoint where my disconnects are coming from? My ISP says my connection uptime is solid and it's not dropping on their end. This happens every day.

My PC has no WiFi adapter so no connection conflict and otherwise it's solid and fast.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dropping wired connection to PC RBR50/RBS50

What FW version is currently loaded on the Orbi?

What is the Mfr and model# of this PC and the internal ethernet adapter?

Is the drivers up to date for this adapter?

What OS are you using?

Does this only happen with your playing this game?

Swap LAN cables. CAT6 recommended.

Try a different ethernet adapter card.

Disable any PC security software temporarily.

Try a different LAN port on the satellite. Disconnect all other devices from the satellite while gaming.

Try connecting yoru PC to the Orbi router and not the satellite.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7