Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™ Link fan keeps dropping off network

AnthonyBe
Guide

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™ Link fan keeps dropping off network

I have recently installed a Netgear RBR50 Orbi Router and RBS50 Orbi Satellite to replace my (D8500) X8 Nighthawk + (EX7500) X4S Extender.

Everything has been solid except for one device; a Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™ Link fan (https://www.dyson.com.au/fans-and-heaters/purifiers/dyson-pure-hot-cool-link-evo)

The Dyson fan, after a reboot, will connect fine and stay on the network for maybe a few hours and then 'disappears'. A reboot and the same things happens.

I also see a huge number of DNS requests to broker6.cp.dyson.com - one request every 10 seconds endlessly.

The Dyson fan is on the most recent software version from Dyson - 21.04.03.

My Orbi's are on v2.3.1.60

I have tried disabling:

• Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices
  • Enable MU-MIMO
  • Enable Fast Roaming

in the Advanced Setup -> Wireless Settings to see if changed the outcome but saw no difference in behaiour over a week.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

TIA.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Have you tried giving it a static IP address? Or reserved IP address?

Message 2 of 10
AnthonyBe
Guide

I can certainly give that a try!

Message 3 of 10
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

I have a Dyson Pure fan and it has remained solidly connected using the Orbi default settings. Maybe consider resetting the Dyson and set it up again.

Message 4 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@AnthonyBe wrote:

The Dyson fan, after a reboot, will connect fine and stay on the network for maybe a few hours and then 'disappears'. A reboot and the same things happens.

I also see a huge number of DNS requests to broker6.cp.dyson.com - one request every 10 seconds endlessly.

Please describe 'disappears'.  i.e. does not show on the Attached Devices display, but can still be controlled?  Is still on the display, but cannot be controlled?

The DNS queries are showing up how?  (Wireshark capture?)

Message 5 of 10
AnthonyBe
Guide

@CrimpOn wrote:

@AnthonyBe wrote:

Please describe 'disappears'.  i.e. does not show on the Attached Devices display, but can still be controlled?  Is still on the display, but cannot be controlled?

The DNS queries are showing up how?  (Wireshark capture?)

By 'disappears' I mean stops being visible to the smartphone app, doesn't respond to subnet IP scan from my PC using NetScan, doesn't display in the Orbi connected devices list. The Dyson fan itself seems to believe it is on the network as it shows a solid white WiFi indicator which indicates network connection.

The DNS queries are from an internal DNS I run (Adguard Home) so I can see everything all of my devices are querying.

Message 6 of 10
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Did you try a factory reset on the Dyson (I think you hold the power buton for 20 seconds)? I assume you don't have a double NAT issue by running two routers with NAT enabled?

Message 7 of 10
wongklben
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and even stuck on pairing with Dyson Link app. The pairing process is timeout and Dyson is showing solid white WiFi light on the device. I realise in the log Dyson is keep trying connection. May I know if anyone encounters same issue? I am using an Orbi mesh system also.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 8 of 10
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

I don’t have any issues connecting to my Dyson fan using the App on my iPad with the Orbi system. Make sure you are not running the Orbi with another router, as double NAT will give you lots of issues.

Message 9 of 10
AnthonyBe
Guide

Sorry, I should've mentioned at the top that I'm using the Orbi setup in AP Mode so no double-NATing involved.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7