Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

E-Mail Alerts

Nyirishman1877
Aspirant

E-Mail Alerts

I would like to know how to receive emails when there is a new firmware available to download and install on my Orbi System

Thank you

Have a nice day

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10

Re: E-Mail Alerts

I don't think there is an instant "alert me now" option. But you can change your profile in MyNetgear to allow Netgear send you email.

Then there will be the occasional message from Netgear about new firmware. (These usually create a flurry of messages here asking of they are genuine.) Sadly, it sometimes arrives long after the update becomes available.

I use one of those web page watchers to tell me when there have been updates.

Message 2 of 10
PapaMike
Star

The Orbi app has a notification feature.

Message 3 of 10

@PapaMike wrote:

The Orbi app has a notification feature.

Care to let us into the secret as to how it works?

I see no sign of email alerts for software updates in the Orbi Android app. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Can't see it in the browser graphical user interface either. Just the logs email.

Message 4 of 10
PapaMike
Star

Right top corner of app is a bell shaped symbol. It's the notification tab. A red number appears when there's an update.

Notifications also appear as a number above the Orbi app.

This browser also has a notification tab at top right.

Or use the instructions at this link.

Check for update

Message 5 of 10

@PapaMike wrote:

Right top corner of app is a bell shaped symbol. It's the notification tab. A red number appears when there's an update.

Notifications also appear as a number above the Orbi app.

This browser also has a notification tab at top right.

Sadly, that does not meet the request from @Nyirishman1877:

I would like to know how to receive emails when there is a new firmware available to download and install on my Orbi System

Message 6 of 10
PapaMike
Star

Sadly it doesn't.

Netgear must have been thinking people will have their phone to their face most of the time.:)

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 7 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

@PapaMike wrote:

Sadly it doesn't.

Netgear must have been thinking people will have their phone to their face most of the time.:)

you forgot "And running the Orbi App"!!

The sign of a good system is when you DONT have to run their app at all.  It just works.

Message 8 of 10
PapaMike
Star

@Chuck_M wrote:

@PapaMike wrote:

Sadly it doesn't.

you forgot "And running the Orbi App"!!

The sign of a good system is when you DONT have to run their app at all.  It just works.

The app doesn't have to be open or running to see the notification. Update reminders appear on the screen just like Apple Store updates. Some things in life still require a small bit of effort.

Message 9 of 10

@Chuck_M wrote:

Indeed.

These days the world has gone all a-Twitter, so old fangled communications like email and, one of my favourites, RSS, are just too 20th century.

Netgear does run an email alerts system, but it is so disorganised that no one would rely on that channel.

Alerts seem to go out when someone feels like running a campaign, rather than being driven by events like the arrival of new firmware.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7