Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 connected to Orbi not working

TC10
Tutor

EX7300 connected to Orbi not working

My ex7300 has been working fine for over a year connected to Orbi.  Since Orbi firmware update it connects to Orbi but not to internet.  Other devices connected to orbi including ipad and macbook connect thru orbi to internet fine.

I have reset the ex7300 several times.  It connects fine to other wifi networks both 5 and 2.4 but I need it to connect to Orbi for the area being covered in our home.

Suggestions?  I messaged Netgear on Twitter and Facebook but no responses yet.

I see one other post here on Netger forum that looks similar my issue so I added to it as well.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: EX7300 connected to Orbi not working

There seem to be a lot of posts in the "Extenders" forum about the ex7300 https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

So, it does connect to the Orbi, but has no internet.  What does it show for the ex7300 on the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab->Security->Access Control?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

ALso there has been known issues with EX8 and 7 series no longer connecting to Orbi systems. One user was able to get a beta FW version from NG that got his EX8000 re-connected. I was about to get a beta as well for my EX7700s. I would contact NG support and ask them about this. 

Good Luck.

@TC10 wrote:

My ex7300 has been working fine for over a year connected to Orbi.  Since Orbi firmware update it connects to Orbi but not to internet.  Other devices connected to orbi including ipad and macbook connect thru orbi to internet fine.

I have reset the ex7300 several times.  It connects fine to other wifi networks both 5 and 2.4 but I need it to connect to Orbi for the area being covered in our home.

Suggestions?  I messaged Netgear on Twitter and Facebook but no responses yet.

I see one other post here on Netger forum that looks similar my issue so I added to it as well.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TC10

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7