Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 connecting to Orbi?

Martin3105
Aspirant

EX7300 connecting to Orbi?

Hello, we are trying to connect one netgear product with another. Which is EX7300 connecting to the Orbi, but it is not working. Is this possible, and has someone a solution? We tried all steps, but not succesful.

gr, Martin

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300 connecting to Orbi?

which firmware are you on? 

version 1.0.2.144 fixed some issues with connections to orbi. If you're not on that, try installing it, factory resetting, and re-trying the install process. 

If this doesn't work, describe in details where/whats failing during the process.

I'd also ask why you're adding a mesh extender to orbi? The whole benefit to orbi is the wireless backhaul to reduce throughput loss and increased latency that extenders have. Using a standard extender is going to drop the speed and increase latency by the very nature of how they work. 

Message 2 of 9
Martin3105
Aspirant

Thanks, with Orbi we are on v2.3.5.32 firmware version. We do not have wifi in our backyard, although we have a satellite. The satellite is on top floor

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Martin3105 wrote:

Thanks, with Orbi we are on v2.3.5.32 firmware version. We do not have wifi in our backyard, although we have a satellite. The satellite is on top floor

Sorry. I should have specified. Firmware on the extender. That's the key. 

You can addin satellites to orbi. Its half the benefit is how easily you can add satellites to expand coverage. There's even an outdoor satellite. RBS50Y

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you've had the extender from prior, its worth seeing how well it works. But if its new, I'd check into adding an actual orbi satellite as you'll get better performance and better roaming.
Message 5 of 9
Martin3105
Aspirant

Thanks a lot. I have a new obi and the "old" EX7300. But most likely, it is wise to buy another Orbi satellite, you say?

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Martin3105 wrote:

Thanks a lot. I have a new obi and the "old" EX7300. But most likely, it is wise to buy another Orbi satellite, you say?

Not necessarily. If you've already got the EX7300 from a different setup (aka not new purchase), its worth updating its firmware, adding it to the system, and seeing how it performs. If it doesn't perform as well as the rest of the system does, then you can always get a normal orbi satellite. 

Message 7 of 9
jirkas
Aspirant

Hello,

did you finally succeed to connect it? I have the same problem. Orbi vs Nighthaw 7300. Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is loaded on your EX?

Has it been updated? If not, try this. "Fixes a connection issue with Orbi products."

I know that some users had to contact NG support to get special FW for the EX7300 to work with Orbi. I had to do the same for my two EX7700s.

Hello,

did you finally succeed to connect it? I have the same problem. Orbi vs Nighthaw 7300. Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7