Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Enable Upstream QoS (Optimized for Gaming) - "Qos bandwidth of Mbps should be 1 to undefine

vtrusty
Star

Enable Upstream QoS (Optimized for Gaming) - "Qos bandwidth of Mbps should be 1 to undefined." error

Does anyone else have trouble trying to modify the "Enable Upstream QoS (Optimized for Gaming)" value from the QOS_main.htm page? It defaults to 512Kbps...which seems pretty low. If i change it to any value of Mbps i get an "Qos bandwidth of Mbps should be 1 to undefined." error.

Thanks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Enable Upstream QoS (Optimized for Gaming) - "Qos bandwidth of Mbps should be 1 to undefine

That is an incomplete page and is not supported at this time.

Message 2 of 8
vtrusty
Star

so the only QOS feature we have currently is the Speedtest?
Message 3 of 8
cpd5215
Guide

You got it

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@vtrusty wrote:
so the only QOS feature we have currently is the Speedtest?

Correct.

Message 5 of 8
martyfp
Luminary

Out of the box - does Orbi do ANY form of QoS  ?    i.e. is the Orbi Dynamic QoS enabled by default  or does it only kick in after running the speedtest ?

Other Netgear router instructions imply that you need to run the speedtest or manually enter your connection speed in order to get Dynamic QoS to start working.

btw. I have played with the hidden QoS pages but they dont' appear functional. 

Message 6 of 8
martyfp
Luminary

I have played with eh QoS settings in the hidden menus and only managed to completely mess up my system - IPTV and Wireless surround sound started behaving very erratically.   The only thing I could do to get things working properly again was a factory reset Smiley Frustrated

My own fault for fiddling with something that is not released so not complaining.   However I really would like to get this working.

My question remains though:  I sany form of Dynamic QoS running by default on the Orbi and is it related to the running the speedtest (which I have not done after factory reset) ?

Message 7 of 8
Mesher
Guide

Unfortuantely, QOS is a joke and is a total disappointment. My kids got education laptops and they could not connect to the school district while doing homework. So frustratting I could not get the connection stable giving a 5mbps and 0.2mbs upload. It is Sunday and 6pm. Kids waiting for me to fix the issue. It seems this has been going on since Friday but I though was just a reset issue. Of course this is not just a reset issue as after 50 minutes of connectivity speeds drop. So a full blown timeconsuming troubleshooting ensued with power adapter and internet service call  etc. I was about to reset the unit and reviewed QOS and speedtest say the same speeds. Guess what, I turned off QOS and lo and behold. The speeds went up to specs. My kids now are cramming to finish their work.  Unacceptable Quality.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7