Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error while logging in - "You are currently logged in from another device."

Squeaky369
Guide

Hello everyone. I've searched around for some answers to this, but nothing solid has come up.

Firmware Version 2.0.0.74

RBK50

RBS50

Windows OS

Chrome / Internet Explorer

I tried to put a ticket in for this since I am still under my 90 days, but the POS support website just refreshes the page when trying to submit the ticket.

When trying to login to the router to make changes, I CONSISTANTLY receive the: "You are currently logged in from another device" error.

I am not logged into another device. I promise you, and not only do I promise that there is only ONE browser that is pointing towards that website, I would put my life on it, BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE BROWSER LOGGED IN. I am seriosuly about to return all this stuff because of this issue. The most irritating thing is for it to pop up JUST AFTER I finish setting up port forwarding.

Why is there not a way to disable this function if they can't fix the issue?

It came up today, and I haven't logged into it in over 2 months. So there is no way in hell that there is an active session to the router still. It took me over an hour to set the IP of the internet connection because it kept kicking me out.

I've tried multiple browswers, multiple computers. I've rebooted the router / satelite, rebooted said computer, tried Incognito Windows to avoid cache and cookies, and it still does it, CONSTANTLY.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 14
st_shaw
Master

Re: Error while logging in - "You are currently logged in from another device."

@Squeaky369 wrote:

Hello everyone. I've searched around for some answers to this, but nothing solid has come up.

Firmware Version 2.0.0.74

RBK50

RBS50

Windows OS

Chrome / Internet Explorer

I tried to put a ticket in for this since I am still under my 90 days, but the POS support website just refreshes the page when trying to submit the ticket.

When trying to login to the router to make changes, I CONSISTANTLY receive the: "You are currently logged in from another device" error.

I am not logged into another device. I promise you, and not only do I promise that there is only ONE browser that is pointing towards that website, I would put my life on it, BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE BROWSER LOGGED IN. I am seriosuly about to return all this stuff because of this issue. The most irritating thing is for it to pop up JUST AFTER I finish setting up port forwarding.

Why is there not a way to disable this function if they can't fix the issue?

It came up today, and I haven't logged into it in over 2 months. So there is no way in hell that there is an active session to the router still. It took me over an hour to set the IP of the internet connection because it kept kicking me out.

I've tried multiple browswers, multiple computers. I've rebooted the router / satelite, rebooted said computer, tried Incognito Windows to avoid cache and cookies, and it still does it, CONSTANTLY.

Something strange is going on. If you get the error message it should read:

You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a time. If you log in from this device, the other device will be logged out. Do you want to proceed?

You click YES, and the other device is logged out.  Should be the end of that problem.  Is this the error message you have? What happens when you click YES?

Try logging directly into the IP address of the Orbi from a broswer.  For example: http://192.168.1.1 Do you get the error that way?

You wrote, "It took me over an hour to set the IP of the internet connection because it kept kicking me out." If you've had Orbi for more than two months, what are you doing now that requires you to set the IP of the Internet connection?

What do you mean "...kept kicking me out.?"  Are you saying you can log in to Orbi but are disconnected after you access the GUI? If so, it sounds like someone else is logging it. Have you changed firewall settings such that the router is open to management from the Internet? Enabled telnet?

What sort of internet service do you have, and how is Orbi connnected to the internet? Is there another router in your LAN?

Message 2 of 14
Squeaky369
Guide

Oh yes, that is the error. I click “Yes” and it goes back to the main screen. When I click anything else, the message comes back. Rinse and repeate.

No. No one else in the known universe is trying to login to this router at the same time. It does it even if I have it unplugged from the internet and I am accessing it with a laptop and a single cable.

My modem was replaced by my ISP and my static public IP block changed and I had to login to change it. Yes, I pay for static IPV4 addresses, not local private statics, PUBLIC STATICS.

I have AT&T Fiber, there is not another router in the picture because I have public statics.
Message 3 of 14
Squeaky369
Guide

Also - to avoid issues with any software on the laptop I use to set these things up, I installed a fresh copy of Windows on it with nothing else installed. And it did the exact same thing.
Message 4 of 14
st_shaw
Master

@Squeaky369 wrote:
My modem was replaced by my ISP and my static public IP block changed and I had to login to change it. Yes, I pay for static IPV4 addresses, not local private statics, PUBLIC STATICS.

I have AT&T Fiber, there is not another router in the picture because I have public statics.

Might be something related to your ISP setup. Although I also have multiple static IPs, that's not on my Orbi network, and it's not a common setup.  I don't recall seeing anything that shows Orbi supports it.

How exactly did you setup Orbi to handle your multiple static IPs?

Message 5 of 14
Squeaky369
Guide

The Orbi only has one assigned to it, and when using a static, the modem passes all packets through, bypassig the onboard firewall.

Its not an ISP setup issue, it happens when I have the router unplugged from the internet and isolated from all devices with my quarantine laptop.

None of my previous models of routers did this, this is an issue with the Orbi. There are other posts on here talking about it, with no resolution. I’d open a ticket with Netgear, but the site is not working to submit tickets.
Message 6 of 14
shirkaan
Tutor

Cant login after firmware update! you are logg imn fom other device

Message 7 of 14
shirkaan
Tutor

n750

wndr4000

cant loggin to netgear after firmware update! everthing worked before!

logguin in form other device error. click yes to login. browerse page goes blnak

Message 8 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to use another web browser?

DarrenM

Message 9 of 14
shirkaan
Tutor

yeah, fisrt thing i did. IS ANYBODY HELPNING ME WITH THIS PRODUCT? I CANT USE IT WHEN I CANT DEACTIVET DHCP. SO I NEED TO LOGIN!!!

SOMEONE? ANYONE? PLEASE?

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the router and use a wired LAN cable connected PC with the back of the router and set it up from scratch.

@shirkaan wrote:

yeah, fisrt thing i did. IS ANYBODY HELPNING ME WITH THIS PRODUCT? I CANT USE IT WHEN I CANT DEACTIVET DHCP. SO I NEED TO LOGIN!!!

SOMEONE? ANYONE? PLEASE?

Message 11 of 14
shirkaan
Tutor

did it. worked. thanks

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it works, enjoy.

@shirkaan wrote:

did it. worked. thanks

Message 13 of 14
Xangzz
Aspirant

I am just seeing this but the reason you encountered this problem is because you changed the router settings of "Automatic Log out" to "never" so once you log in to your router if you do not manually log out, you won't be able to log back in as the site will register your previous log in (which you did not log out of) as still logged in.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7