Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Errors accessing or linking to many web pages RBK23 AC2200

dogbert88
Aspirant

Errors accessing or linking to many web pages RBK23 AC2200

When I am using the ORBI WiFi connection and I try to link to many web pages I receive an error message or a request for "authentication," but when I switch to my Spectrum 2G or 5G WiFi connection, I am able to access the same web pages that I received an error on. What am I doing wrong, if anything? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
dogbert88
Aspirant

It worked! Many thanks for your help. I can't seem to get this website to accept the "accept as solution" entry, but your suggestions, particularly the change to AP mode, worked like a charm. Again, thank you for your help; it's nice to have Dudes Named Ben out there to provide expert assistance to us deplorables.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
dogbert88
Aspirant

ARRIS cable modem model TM1602 provided by Spectrum. Connected to a Spectrum router model RAC2V1S broadcasting separate 2G and 5G signals. Connected to an Orbi RBR20 router; firmware (just updated) V2.3.1.48. Does all this give you the information you need? Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If there is a router in between the Orbi and modem, the could be the cause of your problems. 

The middle router needs to be removed and connect the RBR directly to the ISP modem or configured the Orbi for AP mode:

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 4 of 8
dogbert88
Aspirant

I tried that and was unable to log in to the Orbi router. I ensured the Orbi was connected to the existing router, connected by PC to the Orbi network, typed in "http://orbilogin.com, received an "authentication required" message, typed in "admin" for userid and "password" for password, and immediately received another "authentication required" screen. I then tried it again and was directed to this webpage: https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/orbi/orbilogin.aspx Basically I am unable to access the Orbi router from my computer. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the IP address the Orbi router is getting from the Modem/Router? 

Try accessing the RBR at 192.168.1.1. If you can't access the RBR, then the RBR is getting a different IP address or maybe in conflict with the up stream router. 

You need to try one of the 2 suggestions...

If the Orbi IS connected directly to the ISP Modem, then you should be able to access the RBR at orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. 

You might power cycle OFF the modem, factory reset the RBR, Power ON the ISP modem. With a wired PC connected to the back of the RBR, use a web browser to access orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. Ensure your PCs networking is set for auto obtain IP addressing. 

Message 6 of 8
dogbert88
Aspirant

It worked! Many thanks for your help. I can't seem to get this website to accept the "accept as solution" entry, but your suggestions, particularly the change to AP mode, worked like a charm. Again, thank you for your help; it's nice to have Dudes Named Ben out there to provide expert assistance to us deplorables.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad that worked for you.

Might exit the site. Clear browser cache then log back in and set the solution. 

ENjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7