Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ethernet Backhaul RBR53

conradh
Aspirant

Ethernet Backhaul RBR53

I have 3 satellites. One outside in the garden, daisy linked to an internal satellite. The internal satellite backhaul is over WiFi. One other satellite is on the other side of the house, the wifi signal is to low for the backhaul. Fortunate I have an Ethernet cable in that place. The backhaul on this satellite only works if that cable is directly connected to the router. I have 2 un managed TP Link routers but the backhaul doesn't work when connected through those routers.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
GMoGoody8
Luminary

Check to see if your switches or devices between the RBR and RBS support Green Ethernet standard(802.3az). For some reason the Ethernet backhaul doesn’t play nice with devices supporting that standard. There are numerous reports all over this forum about this.
Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@conradh wrote:

I have 3 satellites. One outside in the garden, daisy linked to an internal satellite. The internal satellite backhaul is over WiFi. One other satellite is on the other side of the house, the wifi signal is to low for the backhaul. Fortunate I have an Ethernet cable in that place. The backhaul on this satellite only works if that cable is directly connected to the router. I have 2 un managed TP Link routers but the backhaul doesn't work when connected through those routers.

Message 3 of 7
conradh
Aspirant

Thans you. I will check.
Message 4 of 7
conradh
Aspirant

I checked. I have 2 TP-Link TL-SG105
They do support green tech with the 802.3x
So that is the problem.
Message 5 of 7
GMoGoody8
Luminary

This could definitely be the case if your devices are on the 2.5.16 FW because that is where the issue was reported.

Netgear just recently released two new firmware revisions depending on your location. I have been monitoring to see if this issue had been resolved or not.

My current setup won’t allow Ethernet Backhaul. I am moving at the end of the year and wanted to use it so I have been watching the forum.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Direct connect the RBS to the RBR without the switch in between. Do they connect then? 

@conradh 
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7