Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ethernet ports on satellite disconnects

Deckard22
Aspirant

I'll post the steps below. I followed them to the letter. I didn't delete any settings in the Web UI, but it was supposed to reset to the factory settings and it didn't:

1. First, please unplug the Orbi router from your modem(disconnect the Ethernet cable) from the Internet port on the Orbi router. This is to make sure that the Orbi router will properly reset. 

2. To reset the Orbi router, please use a paper clip and press and hold the router's reset button for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, release the reset button and unplug the power cord of the router for 10 seconds and re-connect it back to the router. Reset the satellites as well. Press and hold their reset button for 15 seconds. You can reset them one at a time. 

3. Wait for about a minute and use a laptop, desktop or smart phone to detect the Orbi router's default Wi-Fi name(Wi-Fi password labeled on the router). You can also wired a computer to the Orbi router using an Ethernet cable. Once your device detects the default Wi-Fi name of the Orbi, please connect your device to it and then connect the Ethernet cable from the modem back to the Internet port(yellow port) on the Orbi router. 

4. On the device connected to the Orbi network, please open a browser and go to www.orbilogin.net/com and you should see a Welcome to Orbi page. Just click next and follow the onscreen instructions to re-install the Orbi. 

Message 26 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using?

I would have cleared ALL browser caches as well after resetting the router, exiting the browser then relaunching it.

When you did the reset on the router, did you see the amber or yellowish LED on top come on? You should have, then after you released the reset button, the top LED should have started blinking white, then after several seconds, should and slowly started fading in and out with White LED on top.

Message 27 of 30
Deckard22
Aspirant

I was using Chrome...didn't clear my cache, as that was never mentioned.

The power LED on the back of my router and satellites turned amber and blinked, as per the instructions. But then nothing else happened.

Message 28 of 30
Deckard22
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What browser are you using?

I would have cleared ALL browser caches as well after resetting the router, exiting the browser then relaunching it.

When you did the reset on the router, did you see the amber or yellowish LED on top come on? You should have, then after you released the reset button, the top LED should have started blinking white, then after several seconds, should and slowly started fading in and out with White LED on top.

I was using Chrome...didn't clear my cache, as that was never mentioned.

The power LED on the back of my router and satellites turned amber and blinked, as per the instructions. But then nothing else happened.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 29 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets try clearing the browser cache or try using IE11 or FF browsers. Use the routers web page ERASE funtion with in the UI or if you use the button in back, hold in the button until the TOP LED turns amber, then release. Lets use the ERASE funtion in the UI.

For not lets see if anything happens or not. If it does again, try the erase in the UI.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7