Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extend with AC2200 with satellite by cable

raonicarneiro
Aspirant

Extend with AC2200 with satellite by cable

Can I extend the satellite by ethernet cable? I have bought one Orbi AC2200 with 3 satellites extenders, but isn't sufficient to my home and the far end isn't covered by router. I already have one ethernet cable from main router to other side of my home, will be possible to this satellite extend by this cable?

Best regards,

Raoni Carneiro.

Message 1 of 4
cue003
Apprentice

That feature is supposedly in the works but there is no timeline yet. So the answer is currently no... however you should be able to place your satellites in a manner that they will daisy chain off each other (assuming you have the latest firmware) and increase the reach within your property.
Message 2 of 4
raonicarneiro
Aspirant

Ok, thank you.

But the daisy chain will work if the satellite cannot conect directly to main router? Can I connect the satellite via other satellite to main router? What is the limit of hops from the far away satellite to main router?

I have many dead zones inside my apartment. Here in Brazil many old buildings with concrete walls creating difficulties for the router and satellites devices.

Message 3 of 4
cue003
Apprentice

Yes the satellite can connect to another satellite on the way back to the router. That is the daisy chain approach. There is no limit to the depth of satellites to the router.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7