Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending ORBI WIFI using Apple Time Captule

J-L-B
Aspirant

Extending ORBI WIFI using Apple Time Captule

Hi, An ORBI is setup in my house and I have an Apple Time Capsule which I want to use to extend the ORBI signal in my house. Currently the ORBI LAN to connected to the Applie Time Capsule WAN port Need some advice please: When starting up the Time Capsule, do I create a new network or add to existing network? Will this extend the ORBI WIFI through the Time Capsule or will the Time Capsule create another WIFI network which I need to connect to? My objective is to set it up so that it works the same as the ORBI satellite, but at the moment it creates another Apple Time Capsule WIFI network whereas my expectation was to just extend the current ORBI WIFI. Rgrds
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Extending ORBI WIFI using Apple Time Captule

You can try Extend to see if it connects to the Orbi WiFi. I may not. 

Please contact Apple support and review installation documentation on how to setup there devices. 

Which Orbi system do you have? Orbi should be enough to cover and provide wifi signals. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7