Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FEATURE REQUEST: Separate Access Control for Guest / Regular Networks

djaesthetic
Tutor

FEATURE REQUEST: Separate Access Control for Guest / Regular Networks

I just deployed my first Orbi (RBK50) system and loving it. On Firmware v2.0.0.74. So far I've come across only one issue I'd love to see addressed in a firmware update.

I have Access Control enabled for MAC filtering across my regular network, however there doesn't seem to be a way to deploy this feature independent from the Guest wireless network. I'd like my regular network to be filtered while allowing anyone to join the Guest (as long as it's enabled and they have the appropriate password).

If this could be considered for a future feature request, that'd make this pretty much a "perfect" system IMHO. Thank you!!!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Separate Access Control for Guest / Regular Networks

Thank you for your interest on this feature. While NETGEAR does not comment on availability for new features, we will evaluate your request and inform the community if and when the said feature will be available.

Message 2 of 3
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Separate Access Control for Guest / Regular Networks

Can you help me understand better what you're trying to do.  Let me type up what I think you're trying to do and perhaps you can comment on it?  You basically want a 2nd order of security on the main network above and beyond the password.  

• If on Guest Network, anyone with password can join.  
  • If on Main network, would it suffice if you got a notification if a device joined?  That way you can either block it or take some other action against it?  

Do you really need it to be MAC filtering?  

Orbi Product Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7