Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FIRMWARE V1.11.0.20 (Did it help?)

bowmah
Guide

FIRMWARE V1.11.0.20 (Did it help?)

Noticed there was a new update once I logged into the router so went ahead and updated the router and satellite. I am hoping this will eliminate much of the intermitent drops. I have not been able to pinpooint the exact drop issues, just know that they are intermitent from various devices and they come back online pretty quickly. Never noticed this on the previous router I had in place.

Anyone else find good results with the latest release? Based on the feedback from beta users, this looks like a significant release. Went from the previous stable V1.10.1.2 to V1.11.0.20.

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Betreff: FIRMWARE V1.11.0.20 (Did it help?)

Hello Everyone

We have release firmware version 1.12.0.18 this firmware has fixes for disconnects and many more I posted the release notes below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044171/RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18

If you are still having issues after updating your Orbi unit you may want to factory reset the Orbi and test again. If you are still having disconnect issues or other issues with this firmware please create a new thread or contact our support team.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15

All Replies
1speedman
Tutor

Notice the update when logged on at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Too soon to tell, although my setup running 25 devices on the last FW was running pretty smoothly. Only time I had a issue is when I ran a speed check from my phone and my router shut down, had to reset my modem all the time to get back on line. Going to see if it will happen with the new FW update.
Message 2 of 15
1speedman
Tutor

Just did the wifi speed test, and no lock UPS, and faster speeds up and down. Not by much, but a tick faster.
Let's hope it's more stable for the guys that were getting drops😎
Message 3 of 15
marshymallow
Apprentice

This FW Version does not yet address the WIFI drop issues.

This is officially announced by DarrenM Modertor in other threads.

Message 4 of 15
1speedman
Tutor

Thanks.
Could you tell me when the USB port will be activated?
Message 5 of 15
marshymallow
Apprentice

In the latest Beta FW, the USB port is actually opened for Printer Network Share function.

So looks like this may be at minimum be the first USB function to be released soon.

Message 6 of 15

try putting a usb dongle ( with somefiles on it )  in the orbi router and open a windows explorer window and type \\192.168.1.1 ( or what even default gateway you are using ) and see what happens , you may be pleasently surprised

Message 7 of 15
1speedman
Tutor

I was surprised alright, "Your file was not found". LOL
Tried with several USB devices. Same surprise.🤔
Message 8 of 15
JMU1998
Luminary

Another useless release with no substance, all major issues outstanding for Months and initial release still been headscratched! 

Message 9 of 15
samsamsamsam
Guide

It made all the difference in my setup. I now have consistent connections with my iDevices when connected to the satellite.

Message 10 of 15

@JMU1998

sounds like you are just pure out of luck , suggest you start an rma and have it escalated

Message 11 of 15
mausser
Initiate

No still drop outs on my ipad en kids iphones, drives me nuts. Takes too long now. please advice

Message 12 of 15
bowmah
Guide

When it drops, how long does it take to connect again?

And do you see the Wifi logo disappear or does it show full strength? If so, it may be the backhaul dropping and not your connection to the satellite.

Message 13 of 15
mausser
Initiate

I don't exactly know i always switch to flight mode to get back online, not bad voor a 420 euro router...

So turning back to AP setting will solve al my problems?

Message 14 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone

We have release firmware version 1.12.0.18 this firmware has fixes for disconnects and many more I posted the release notes below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044171/RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18

If you are still having issues after updating your Orbi unit you may want to factory reset the Orbi and test again. If you are still having disconnect issues or other issues with this firmware please create a new thread or contact our support team.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7