Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FTTP - is my Orbi good enough?

reene11
Follower

FTTP - is my Orbi good enough?

I have an RBK30 and satellite which has been running fine for years. I had FTTC and was pretty consistent across the house (80mb down, 20mb up).

I upgrade recently to FTTP and my speeds are inconsistent (speed test on the Orbi shows consistently 500mb down and 80mb up) but Speedtest.net on different devices are all over the place (244/60, 430/70, 30/30!!).

My isp (sky) have said it takes a day to sort out. It’s been a day and same issue, I’m wondering if my Orbi is not up to these speeds. Should I be upgrading?

The newer version seems to be the RBK352 but there a Pro version (SXK30) for the same price. On Amazon though these are saying there’s a device cap. I have 33 devices on my RBK30 and to date haven’t noticed many issues but that’s only going to increase.

Not sure what to do, any advice please?

Message 1 of 2
Itsonlyme
Aspirant

Re: FTTP - is my Orbi good enough?

There are a few things I would check first:

1. Are you running a speedtest.net via hardwired or wifi?

2. Check no other downloads/streaming are taking place at the same time when doing a speedtest.

3. Use another speedtest website to check results.

4. Try using your ISP router and do speedtests to rule out the Orbi.

Obviously with having FTTP there is no up to 10 day "training period" like there is with FTTC, so FTTP should instantly give you the max speed or it doesn't, it then comes to other issues like above.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7