Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FW 2.0.0.74 on download server

martyfp
Luminary

FW 2.0.0.74 on download server

It looks like 2.0.0.74 is now on the download server, I'm not sure how this differs to the 2.0.0.72 that was posted by @AmitR .

Release notes look the same as was mentioned for 2.0.0.72 : https://kb.netgear.com/000048467/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-74

I assume this includes incremental fixes over the .72 version.   Anybody have any idea how it differs?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: FW 2.0.0.74 on download server

Thanks for pointing out that the new 2.0.0.74 firmware is listed in the Orbi's support page: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk50.aspx#download

My units are still at 2.0.0.72. I pressed the Check button on the Firmware Update admin page but they still report no new firmware version available.

Message 2 of 8
martyfp
Luminary

I've downloaded it and will manually install later...   I am also on 2.0.072 and it has been very good so far.

Message 3 of 8
Hydro130
Luminary

@martyfp wrote:

I've downloaded it and will manually install later...   I am also on 2.0.072 and it has been very good so far.

Thanks for catching this - I'll do the same.

.072 was working well for me too, but I'm curious -- do you have the "Implicit Beamforming" and "MU-MIMO" options checked?  I'm experiementing both ways lately, and haven't noticed any consistent difference one way or another, but figured I'd ask you since yours has been stable too...

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
martyfp
Luminary

Yes I have beamforming and mu-mimo enabled.     I also tried several variationsand did not see huge difference with them on/off.  I just left them on and all seems OK.

FYI - I run in full router mode.   

Message 5 of 8
Hydro130
Luminary

@martyfp wrote:

Yes I have beamforming and mu-mimo enabled.     I also tried several variationsand did not see huge difference with them on/off.  I just left them on and all seems OK.

FYI - I run in full router mode.   

Cool, many thanks 🙂

Message 6 of 8
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The only difference between .72 & .74 is a few bug fixes.  We published it on the download site to give you a chance to manually load it ahead of the auto-firmware upgrade push, which will come soon.  

Message 7 of 8
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

I just installed this version, so far so good.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7