Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FW 2.5.1.8 took my hardwired satellites offline

jjlees
Tutor

Re: FW 2.5.1.8 took my hardwired satellites offline

A big thank you to @FURRYe38@SW_ , @Retired_Member for actively responding to me all day, multiple times in the day.

Here is the latest.  It is all working as of this post.  In desperation, I took it all down (again).  Powered down from beginning to end.  And with the satellites in wireless backhaul when I did.  I brought it up from front to back (Fios to RBR to switch to each device and each RBS).  Again, the RBS's were wireless.  I confirmed each device was working, each RBR/RBS and Sonos, TiVo, garage door, ring, etc.  I then wire-connected an RBS to its switch.  After 3-5 minutes, it changed in the console to wired backhaul. I verified all devices were working.  I then connected the next RBS to the switch.  It also converted to wired backhaul.  I verified every device in every room continued to work.  I then did the same with the last RBS.  It is all up and working as desired.  Almost an hour in and no drops or interruptions.  Hopefully not too soon to declare a win.

I don't know what did it.  Maybe everything ...?  Maybe nothing ...?  But it was a major ordeal.  I do appreciate the support of the community walking me through it.  

Message 26 of 30
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

You just rebooted your entire network!  Smiley Happy

If it helds up, carve out a block of IP addresses from DHCP pool and assign them to ALL wired clients in preparation for next FW update cycle.  Good luck!

Message 27 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

And after doing that, be sure to save off a new backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Sounds like a switch may have gotten hung up maybe some place. Glad it's all working now. 

Please mark your thread post as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 30
jjlees
Tutor

Done!  Thanks again for all the help.

-John

Message 29 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink