Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Facebook and Instagram Intermittent Loading

2BorNotOrbi
Aspirant

Same issue here. FiOS, Actiontec MI424 router, Orbi RB50. Actiontec is in ridge with WiFi off. Everything is great except facebook and instagram. Tried some of the fixes mentioned, and nothing lasts for more than a couple hours.

All devices are up to date on firmware.
Message 26 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this?

2. Unbridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then use the Orbi router in Router mode.

Or try 3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, and configure AP mode on the Orbi router. Don't use DMZ on the modem for this option.

@2BorNotOrbi wrote:
Same issue here. FiOS, Actiontec MI424 router, Orbi RB50. Actiontec is in ridge with WiFi off. Everything is great except facebook and instagram. Tried some of the fixes mentioned, and nothing lasts for more than a couple hours.

All devices are up to date on firmware.

Message 27 of 91
kinyan1123
Initiate

Finally I got this fixed.
Disabling IvP6 do the tricks.

Seem facebook app have problem with this setting

Message 28 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

IPv6 should be disabled by default unless you have an ISP that supports IPv6 natively.

Glad you figured it out.

@kinyan1123 wrote:

Finally I got this fixed.
Disabling IvP6 do the tricks.

Seem facebook app have problem with this setting

Message 29 of 91
Lawrenr
Initiate

Had the same issue of Facebook and Instagram now loading feeds, videos, or photos. Tried your fix and so far it's looking good.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 30 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

If your ISP doesn't support IPv6, that can be disabled.

Glad it's working now. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Lawrenr wrote:

Had the same issue of Facebook and Instagram now loading feeds, videos, or photos. Tried your fix and so far it's looking good.

Message 31 of 91
rwillden
Aspirant

Mine has IPV6 disabled and still has this issue. Disconnecting and using Cellular Data solves the issue. For something that's supposed to be plug and play and support every device on the market, you'd think this wouldn't be such a difficult task...

Message 32 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What Mfr and model# wireless device are you using? 

Happens on all wireless devices connected to the Orbi? 

This maybe just a configuration issue. Others are not seeing this issue or it's not a common problem. Just need to find out where your problem is. I don't see this on my Orbi, both Apple or Android. 

@rwillden wrote:

Mine has IPV6 disabled and still has this issue. Disconnecting and using Cellular Data solves the issue. For something that's supposed to be plug and play and support every device on the market, you'd think this wouldn't be such a difficult task...

Message 33 of 91
rwillden
Aspirant

You mean everyone in the above thread who said this is happening to them is lying? LOL It's happening to me for sure.

Message 34 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

A user reported the IPv6 disable fixed his issues. Not everyone has responded as well. More repsonded with the IPv6 fixed there issues. 

Would need more information from you though to help you. 

@rwillden wrote:

You mean everyone in the above thread who said this is happening to them is lying? LOL It's happening to me for sure.

Message 35 of 91
rwillden
Aspirant

As mentioned.... IPV6 is already disabled on my Orbi. What information do you need?

Message 36 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Please review my 1st post to you...

Message 37 of 91
rwillden
Aspirant

V2.2.1.210

Unkown - Fiber Internet through local ISP - No Router

Router Mode

Apple iPhone XS Max

Only mobile devices so far

Message 38 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the IP address the Orbi is getting from the ISP? Anything 192, 172 or 10? Or just ##.##.###.###

What are the DNS settings set for? Automatic? You can try entering in 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 or any Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and see if this helps. 

You'll need to save settings if you make changes, fully reboot the Orbi router then fully reboot your mobile devices after the Orbi is back to ready.

Has the Orbi been powered down then back on after the FW update? 

Message 39 of 91
rwillden
Aspirant

IP address is 204.*.***.**

DNS is automatic and getting 204.*.***.*** addresses

Orbi has been rebooted as of today

Internet is Gigabit Fiber

Message 40 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the manual DNS suggestion. 

Message 41 of 91

@rwillden wrote:

You have joined in on a discussion that started nearly two years ago (2017-12-28). That was about the R7000. Is that what you own? I see no sign of that in your "footer".

Since then, most current Netgear devices have been through several firmware version.

Talk of people "lying" is silly. They may have very different networks. Many different circumstances can cause the same symptoms.

If you really want to get answers, don't insult people, and start a new discussion. By all means link back to this one, but do not expect anyone from the Netgear support team to pay much attention to a discussions that probably should have closed months ago.

I see that you signed up for this community today, welcome to the funny farm. So you may not have worked out how things operate here.

@FURRYe38 is trying to help you. You can help them, and others who might want to chip in, by providing details about your network and all the stuff that the forum asks when you pose a question.

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 42 of 91
Richo666
Tutor

Hi all,

For those of you that have not worked this issue out, it seems to be the circle filter if you have parental controls enabled..no matter what level it will block facebook and instagram.

I turn circle filter back on and issue re-appears.

Hope this helps you all enjoy ...regards richo

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 43 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems to be known issues with Circle. I recommend disabling Circle until next FW upate. Users can check into new Beta FW if they want to give this a try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

@Richo666 wrote:

Hi all,

For those of you that have not worked this issue out, it seems to be the circle filter if you have parental controls enabled..no matter what level it will block facebook and instagram.

I turn circle filter back on and issue re-appears.

Hope this helps you all enjoy ...regards richo

Message 44 of 91
Richo666
Tutor

Just an update on the circle issue which is not really an issue at all ive found.

When selecting a filter make sure that safe search filter is allowed.This will allow facebook and instagram to work as intended.

Kind regards

Richo

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 45 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? Just checking to see if anything has changed. Please review the recent posts regarding this to see if they help any. 

@rwillden wrote:

V2.2.1.210

Unkown - Fiber Internet through local ISP - No Router

Router Mode

Apple iPhone XS Max

Only mobile devices so far

Message 46 of 91
Galgomite
Tutor

Try going to advanced\advanced setup\ipv6\ passthrough.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 47 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Please state the mfr and model # of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected too. 

@Galgomite wrote:

Try going to advanced\advanced setup\ipv6\ passthrough.

Message 48 of 91
Richo666
Tutor

My system

RBR20

V2.2.1.210

1 router 1 satellite

Fttp fiber directly to router

Regards

Richo

Message 49 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Try changing DNS settings on the Orbi router. 

Try using 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9.

Message 50 of 91
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7