Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Facebook and Instagram Intermittent Loading

Lawrenr
Initiate

Thanks for the many suggested solutions everyone, I solved this issue by simply disabling IPV6 on my router. I haven’t had an issue in months.
Message 76 of 91
dpdurst
Luminary

My IPV6 setting was disabled and still having issues, turned it on and change the setting to open and saved and now working fine. Attached is the screen and setting

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 77 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

The IPv6 setting is depending upon if your ISP supports native IPv6 thru the ISP modem. If your ISP doesn't support native IPv6 then the IPv6 setting on the Orbi can be disabled. 

Message 78 of 91
prob142
Aspirant

I was having these same issues. However, disabling IPv6 wasn't an option as I needed that turned on for my Nest Protect and other smart home devices to be able to connect. I had custom DNS' configured for both IPv4, and setting it up for IPv6 seemed to resolve it - now everything is loading quite fast.

I use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 DNS service. Whatever DNS service you're using, make sure you're also using their IPv6 addresses, like below.

The addresses of 1.1.1.1 are:

• 2606:4700:4700::1111
  • 2606:4700:4700::1001

Note that in setting up the IPv6 DNS, in the fields provided in the admin interface for the router - it must be filled out like this:

field 1: 2606  field 2: 4700  field 3: 4700  field 4: 0  field 5: 1  field 6: 1  field 7: 1  field 8: 1 

Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 79 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your ISP servicing IPv6 natively to your system? 

@prob142 wrote:

I was having these same issues. However, disabling IPv6 wasn't an option as I needed that turned on for my Nest Protect and other smart home devices to be able to connect. I had custom DNS' configured for both IPv4, and setting it up for IPv6 seemed to resolve it - now everything is loading quite fast.

I use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 DNS service. Whatever DNS service you're using, make sure you're also using their IPv6 addresses, like below.

The addresses of 1.1.1.1 are:

• 2606:4700:4700::1111
  • 2606:4700:4700::1001

Note that in setting up the IPv6 DNS, in the fields provided in the admin interface for the router - it must be filled out like this:

field 1: 2606  field 2: 4700  field 3: 4700  field 4: 0  field 5: 1  field 6: 1  field 7: 1  field 8: 1 

Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60

Message 80 of 91
sampsonite
Aspirant

I have a suggestion that I believe worked for me. Issue: Facebook or Instagram struggling to load multiple pictures. Facebook was struggling to load comments.

My equipment: I have the RBK50-100nar (2 PK - AC3000).

Possible solution: 

Go to Avanced > Advanced Setup > IPv6 > Internet Connection type Auto, IPv6 Filtering = Open. 

When I have the filtering set to "secured", my problems were present. Now they are working. I had also updated my NTP settings to my current time zone. Not sure if that did anything.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone but just wanted to share my experience today in hopes it might help others.

Message 81 of 91
ringotse
Aspirant

Having same problem.

Message 82 of 91

@ringotse wrote:

Having same problem.

You have joined in on an existing conversation – it started three years ago – that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

For example, is this a router? If so it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 83 of 91
CodySingh
Aspirant

Disabling IPv6 under advanced settings fixed the issue for me.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 84 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

THanks for letting us know. Glad it's working now. If you dont' have native IPv6 services from your ISP, IPv6 can be disabled on the router. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@CodySingh wrote:
Disabling IPv6 under advanced settings fixed the issue for me.

Message 85 of 91
Sanne999
Aspirant

I tried multiple things before disabling the whole IPv6. Now it works with out any problem, both FB and IG loads content while connected to wifi (Verizon FIOS).
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 86 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked for you. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 87 of 91
croydo
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing. Now I know how it works.

Message 88 of 91
Mstrbig
Master

I second the fact that just because Facebook and Instagram do not load at times, while every other URL loads fine and you have Fantastic speeds, your issue is elsewhere.

What Virus/malware protection are you using? Is it router based or software on your PC?

I ask because an issue like you are reporting usually ends up being too aggressive protection, and occasionally when a user has more than 1 Anti virus system running.

Are you using the ISP supplied DNS servers or did you use 3rd party DNS servers?

Message 89 of 91

@Mstrbig wrote:

Are you using the ISP supplied DNS servers or did you use 3rd party DNS servers?

This is a very useful pointer. Some reports of reluctant sites have tracked back to just this problem.

It is also very easy to test the idea. There are various "alternative DNS servers" out there to try. 

If you visit the Netgear support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Look for a section called something like Internet Basic Settings or just search the thing for "DNS server".

It may be here in the browser graphical user interface:

• Basic
  • Internet
Message 90 of 91
croydo
Aspirant

Great info, thank you.

Message 91 of 91
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements