Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Failed to download detention database @ QOS setup

xiiaobai92
Aspirant

Failed to download detention database @ QOS setup

Hi,

I am trying to do the QOS setup on my orbi rbk40. When i tried to set automatic update performance database on router, it displays an error message "Failed to download Detention Database. Please try again later" as attached. What can I do to solve this problem.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the router is connected too?

What version of FW is currently loaded on the router?

Message 2 of 6
xiiaobai92
Aspirant

The modem I use is Zhone 2426 modem and router software version is V2.1.2.18
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the modem/router bridged or running in router mode? This could be a problem if the modem is running in router mode. Having two routers on the same line is not recommended.

Try bridging the modem or use the DMZ on the modem for the Orbi routers IP address it gets from the modem.

Message 4 of 6
xiiaobai92
Aspirant

The modem is provided by my ISP which gets the internet source using Fiber and connected to my orbi router thru rj45
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the modem/router bridged or running in router mode? This could be a problem if the modem is running in router mode. Having two routers on the same line is not recommended.

Try bridging the modem or use the DMZ on the modem for the Orbi routers IP address it gets from the modem.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7