Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Final straw BYE BYE Orbi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sleepbaby
Guide

Final straw BYE BYE Orbi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After having so many problems with the Orbi (on my secord unit), I thought I would give it one final go and by the looks of it it was the final straw , I had it up and running within minutes and was working fine but noticed the internet not connectioning to my device (closed app and it restarted fine), then I decided to try to activate the guest Wi-Fi (my daughter had friends over) this is not the first time I have activated the guest Wi-Fi and I have not had any problems previously until last night the screen locked in a loop on the app and then the orb would not let me log back in to turn off guest Wi-Fi it kept saying incorrect password, also the satellites teleported back to the 70's and produced the most beautiful lightshow (yes they also disconnected from the router and would not connect back!!!!!!), this is the same password that I have used many times before on the orbi and has  not been changed.

I would also like to add as I move away to try something a bit more stable that after spending $400 if not more, that i should NOT  have to be resetting or turning off components because they are interfering with the signal or the way the mechanism is working. This is what Beta testing is for. I would be more than happy for Netgear to pay me $400  to test the orbi until then please have it back!!!!!, it is amazing that in today's age of technology in a company with a reputation that Netgear has that they cannot even  fix the orbi firmware/hardware ( from comments on the netgear community netgear could probably not even organize a piss up in a brewery, really what a joke).

Good luck to fellow users I wish you the best. BTW the stallites do make rather nice disco lights once they go offline.

Also I only had V2.0.0.xx on my units and it still did not work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Final straw BYE BYE Orbi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Sleepbaby

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with Orbi If you would like I can get you in contact with our L2 support to help troubleshoot the issues that you are having.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
sleepbaby
Guide

Thanks for getting back, but alas it was time to move on (2 defective units in a row, some may say what are the chances, I say you keep your Orbi and I keep my money)

Update now using Linksys Velop ( so far so good, in fact it is BLOODY AMAZING in that I did not have to return it or spend hours with tech support trying to fix issues that have been dating but years (check Reddit for ORBI feedback !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it worked out of the box.

Wishing everybody else the best of luck.

Also if Netgear know of the problems why do they still keep tech support  open for only 3 months when they clearly are aware that it may taken longer to fix these issues?

Message 3 of 5
sleepbaby
Guide

Sorry just wanted add 3 months of tech support then you have to pay after such period.

Message 4 of 5
sleepbaby
Guide

Just going to post links to show that NETGEAR have had the same problems for OVER A YEAR, yes its the same old story.......The first link is from the netgear community and the secord from Reddit

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-V1-12-0-18-Discussion/m-p/1331515

https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/6mng7x/new_orbi_firmware_112_addresses_disconnects_and/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7